Sunday, December 30, 2007

Chapter 9 Ripple Effect


This is my first attempt at achieving a Ripple effect with different layers of fabric stitched and cut. I will make further samples as this does not quite achieve the effect as I envisaged it. The spaces between the shapes could be smaller and this can be achieved by layering and cutting more fabric. I was not sure which layers to cut when layers overlapped and therefore some rounds would have the same fabric as previous rounds.

The use of Moire taffeta in the background enhances the ripple effect. I seem to be using this a lot in the applique samples, I must like the effect of shimmering and sparkle it produces in contrast to the more muted cottons.

I am feeling more confident after my first attempt and will produce more samples for this page.

Watch this space!

No comments: