Friday, January 26, 2007

Black and White Image


As a precursor to the Shape Observation in black and white I have copied the original photograph of the wall in black and white to obtain a feel for the shading of the piece.

I have cut these shapes and rearranged them on a white background (below) to give an idea about the shapes that the separate rocks create.

I found this interesting as it altered my ideas about how the different shapes were structured when they were cut out separately and did not relate to the overall wall.


















I will use these as a base for the Shape Observations.

I will also create solid black shapes by eye and with cutting and tearing the paper to see what different effects these create.

1 comment:

Sian said...

You can also use the negatives shapes which will emerge when you cut your shapes out.
Try ripping or tearing - carefully.